Sunday, July 19, 2009

"Only the good die young"

I just got home from NPR's Impact of War training workshop.

When traveling out-of-state for any kind of training opportunity, I'm usually quite critical about what is taught. Technology has advanced in ways that make most of these trips unnecessary. Don't get me wrong, I love a free trip to Los Angeles as much as the next person, but now isn't the time for a vacation. I think this workshop should have been offered online.

The workshop attendees and presenters all went to dinner together last night. It never ceases to amaze me how personable and chatty people become after a few glasses of wine. The quietest ones become game show hosts.


If I had a dime for every time someone asked me, "Are you scared?" I'd buy you and me a bottle of this. But no, I'm not scared.

1 comment: